Friday, November 27, 2015

Eighteen by JA Huss 5 Star Review!!


Eighteen (18) Based on a True Story
J.A. Huss
Publication date: November 18th 2015
Genres: New Adult Taboo Romance

Eighteen is hard.
And so is Mateo Alesci.
He’s hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. He wants things from me.
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things.
And I have to give in.
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can’t say no. The way he looks at me… the way he watches me through my bedroom window… the way he drags me deeper and deeper into his completely forbidden fantasy world just… turns me on.
He knows it turns me on.
He holds all the power. He holds all the cards.
He holds my entire future in his hands.
And I have to give in.
Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher.
And I need everything he’s offering.




My Thoughts on Eighteen...

I just finished reading Eighteen, and every so often I read a book that leaves me with no words and I sit here and think how the hell am I going to put into words my feeling!! How can you articulate words when you are a loss for words (in a good way!). I literally devoured Eighteen by JA Huss! I was able to read in just under a day and read at any chance I could I was so captivated! Shannon and Mateo’s story just sucked me in and I was enthralled by it! It was so taboo and wrong but I was consumed by it! I needed to know how the story ended!! And the ending… couldn’t be more perfect! Just loved it! This is a complete story and is a standalone and is told in the female characters point of view.


Shannon’s world has just been turned upside. She moved from Ohio to California with her sister after her mother died only to have her sister overdose on drugs a few short years later. Her sister has a three month old baby and that is the only thing keeping her in California. She moves in with her brother in law so she can be close to the baby. She quickly discovers the credit system and the old school in not the same at her new high school. She must make up credits at night school. What she wasn’t expecting was the hot as sin teacher that would teaching more than just math. She was attracted to him and she quickly learned the feelings were mutual. Mateo was only ten years older than her, she had just turned eighteen and hew as twenty eight so there were no laws broken but at first she felt morally this was wrong. She knew she should tell him no but he was so domineering and sexy she couldn’t find the attraction they had. 


Months go by and their relationship is blooming. They have been more public with their relationship. Right when things might look like they are working out for her everything is crashing down. Her brother in law who’s she been staying with to watch her sister’s baby tells her she’s leaving back to San Diego with a girlfriend. This starts a series of events that had me holding my breath! It rips out my heart and I’m thinking this cannot be happening! I want Shannon just be able to have a normal eighteen year life and enjoy graduating high school! I want her to finally be happy after so much tragedy. I was sucked in to the very last page and I loved it!


This was a great coming of age story with a sexy taboo twist I never wanted to end! You need to check out Eighteen to see how Shannon’s story ends. 5 stars!

 

About the Author


JA Huss is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than twenty romances. She likes stories about family, loyalty, and extraordinary characters who struggle with basic human emotions while dealing with bigger than life problems. JA loves writing heroes who make you swoon, heroines who makes you jealous, and the perfect Happily Ever After ending.

You can chat with her on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AuthorJAHuss), Twitter (@jahuss), and her kick-ass romance blog, New Adult Addiction (www.newadultaddiction.com).

If you're interested in getting your hands on an advanced release copy of her upcoming books, sneak peek teasers, or information on her upcoming personal appearances, you can join her newsletter list (http://eepurl.com/JVhAr) and get those details delivered right to your inbox.
GIVEAWAY!
(5) $100 Gift Cards OR PayPal Cash and (50) Signed Copies of Eighteen by JA Huss (INT)

No comments:

Post a Comment