Saturday, October 24, 2015

One Immortal by Tia Louise 4 Star Review and EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT!!

 Halloween is just around the corner so I thought, I'll check out a good Paranormal Romance! I do dabble in some PNR, not much but if its written well it sucks me in! One Immortal by Tia Louise did not disappoint!!  I so got sucked into the world of Derek and Melissa and loved it!  For only .99 cents you cannot pass this one up! 


Synopsis

Melissa is a vampire. Derek is a vampire hunter.

When beautiful, sad Melissa Jones flees to New Orleans with her telepathic best friend, she is looking for a cure—not an erotic encounter with a sexy former Marine.

Derek Alexander left the military intending to become a private investigator, but with two powerful shifters as partners and an immunity to vampire glamour, he instead rose to the top in paranormal justice.

At a bar on Bourbon Street, Derek and Melissa cross paths, and their sexual chemistry is off the charts. Acting on their feelings, they are pulled deeper into an affair, but Melissa is hiding, hoping to escape her cruel maker.

It doesn’t take long before the shifters uncover her secret. Still, Derek is determined to confront the Old One and reclaim her mortality—even at the risk of losing his.

A STANDALONE PARANORMAL ROMANCE with an HEA based on characters from the One to Hold series. Contains voluptuous vampires, alluring alpha military heroes, scorching-hot shifters, beguiling witches, and panty-melting sexy times. Keep the fans nearby… Readers 18 and older only, please.

***Purchase for only .99 ***
(price good through Sunday 10/25)

★★★ EXCLUSIVE EXCERPT ★★★


ONE IMMORTAL

By Tia Louise

© TLM Productions LLC, 2015


Derek

“Melissa…” The word is a whisper on my lips, and I’m on my feet.

Elaine and Patrick are talking. He’s turning on all the charm, and she’s falling for

it hard—or maybe she’s already fallen for him, and all his charms are sweet icing on

the cake. She sure walked into this bar and straight to him as if she knew full well

the strange transformation happening in his mind.

None of it matters. I’m consumed by the discovery of Melissa. She sees me. Her

sapphire eyes hold me, and a mixture of deep longing and cautious optimism moves

through me.

I want her. I’ve wanted her all day. From this morning in the shower to every

other minute of this long-assed day, I’ve thought about her luscious lips, her

gorgeous breasts, her long legs wrapped around my waist. I’m at the door where

she’s standing, keeping the glass between her and the bar as if it were a shield.

“Hello,” I say with a smile. “I’m really glad to see you again.”

Blinking down, she seems almost guilty when she answers. “I wasn’t able to be

at Mr. B’s tonight. I’m sorry if you waited.”

She wasn’t there. The idea sends a wash of relief through me followed quickly by

disappointment. I debate my next words.

“It’s okay,” I say. “I’m really glad you’re here now.”

Her hand trembles a bit, and I can’t help wondering if I make her nervous. Is it

possible this small, beautiful woman who holds my entire breath in her hands is

nervous?

“Did you come here after dinner?” she says.

I decide to be honest. “I wasn’t at Mr. B’s tonight either.” Her eyes blink quickly

to mine. “A job took me away from the city, and I couldn’t make it back in time. I’m

so glad you weren’t there.”

“And what if I had been there?” The defiance in her tone fans my smoldering

desire even hotter. She’s so fucking strong.

“I’d do everything in my power to earn your forgiveness.”

I’ve stepped outside, closer to her, and she inhales sharply. Her gorgeous eyes

blink up to mine, and I want to taste her so badly my mouth waters. The scent of

ocean-kissed roses, her scent floats around us. I want it all over me again.

She exhales a little sigh, glancing toward the bar. “Lucky for you, I’ve had a

really shitty day. I’m in a forgiving mood.”

“I had no idea it was going to be such a lucky day for me.”

A hint of a smile crosses her lips, and I want to gather her in my arms and love

the shittiness away. Lifting my finger, I lightly trace a line up the smooth skin of her

arm to her shoulder, and she shivers. Her breathing shallows, and it’s almost too

much for me. I mentally calculate how far we are from Pirate’s Alley. The Royal

Sonesta is closer.

“Let’s go to my hotel.”

Her eyebrows pull together. “You want to—”

“Spend the night with you.” I reach for her hand. “Yes, I want to spend the night

with you… like before.”

Shaking her head, she moves out of my reach. “I’m sorry. I don’t do the walk of

shame.”

“I would never let you walk home alone.”

Her back is to the glass doors and she seems to consider my offer. I take a

chance, rubbing my hand across my chin. “A bed would be more comfortable, and I

would do anything to see your gorgeous body spread across my sheets.”

She blinks up at me through her lashes, and desire spikes in my veins. I know

she remembers last night. I glance quickly back in the bar to see Patrick dirty-

dancing behind Elaine. She’s smiling with her blonde head thrown back on his

shoulder, and from the looks of things, they’ll be in a bed together before long.

Closing the distance between us, I speak softly, right at her temple. “Can I have

you tonight. Please?”

Only a brief hesitation, and she whispers, “Yes.”

 My Thoughts on One Immortal...


I’ve always been intrigued by Tia Louise’s books and unfortunately when she would have a new release, my review scheduled would be booked. So when I saw her release for One Immortal I thought to myself, I so need to get this read! A Vampire Love Story, it’s almost Halloween, PEFRECT! I am so thankful I did! I loved Derek and Melissa’s story! It’s sexy, it’s intriguing, and it’s suspenseful!! I was sucked into the story and found myself in fantasyland in a world of vampires, shifters, and things that go bump in the night!


Melissa was just turned by a vampire and she knows her days are numbered. She must either kill to stay alive or she will die. She does not want to turn into a vampire so her and her best friend turn to New Orleans to try to find an alternative. There has to be another way to break the curse. She must find a way or die as she refused to kill someone to become a vampire.


Derek is a vampire hunter. He has been tracking a vicious killer that brings him to New Orleans to find answers. Little does he know the one thing that he is tracking will be the one thing he falls for. When Melissa and Derek cross paths they immediately feel a connection that is off the charts! It’s hot, it’s steamy, and smoking hot as hell! The chemistry they share is off the charts! It’s like they are soul mates that have known each other a lifetime.


When Derek discovers Melissa has turned he will do everything in his power to save her and in the process discovers the truth behind the killer he has been searching for. This one is an edge of your seat thriller that is hot as sin! Perfect time of year to curl up to a PNR book and I would highly recommend this one!  4 stars!!

About the Author

Tia Louise is the Amazon and International Bestselling author of the ONE TO HOLD series.

From “Readers’ Choice” nominations, to picking up USA Today “Happily Ever After” nods, to winning a 2014 “Lady Boner Award” (LOL!), nothing makes her happier than communicating with fans and weaving new tales into the Alexander-Knight world of stories.

A former journalist, Louise lives in the center of the USA with her lovely family and one grumpy cat. There, she dreams up stories she hopes are engaging, hot, and sexy, and that cause readers rethink common public locations…

It’s possible she has a slight truffle addiction.


Author Links


*Text “TiaLouise” to 64600, and never miss a New Release, Sale, or Giveaway!**
**Max 6 messages per month; HELP for help; STOP to cancel; Text and Data rates may apply. Privacy policy available, allnightreads@gmail.com.

1 comment: